3 Steps to Building an Engaged Organic Social Media Audience
Many benefits come with developing and nurturing your brand through social media. It allows you to interact and communicate directly with your customers and prospects. And it also allows you to organically reach new audiences, generate traffic to your website, and build authority in your field.
Whether you’ve had your social profiles for years or you’re just getting started, there are several things to consider to ensure you’re driving the most benefit for your business.
1. Know Your Audience
As a business owner, you are the most knowledgeable person when it comes to your current and future customers’ wants and needs. As you begin to develop your social media strategy, having a deep understanding of these aspects are paramount to connecting with your audience. Consider the following:
- How does your audience use social media – professional or personal?
- What do they do for fun and what are their hobbies?
- What tone do they relate to – serious or cheerful?
- What is causing them pain and how can your product eliminate it?
From here, you can begin to understand which platforms are a perfect fit for your business. Facebook is the largest social platform today, and it’s also the best place to start. It has such a wide reach and offers you a variety of ways to develop a sense of community and grow these relationships.
LinkedIn is used for business networking, so it’s a great place for you to establish credibility and build trust with your target audience in a more professional digital environment. Does your business have commercial and residential divisions? This could be a good opportunity to highlight commercial-specific content.
Targeting a younger crowd that’s interested in trending topics? Twitter is ideal. Twitter is also a great place to push out any news, updates, or big announcements.
Instagram is great for businesses that could benefit from communicating with images and are looking to improve their visual branding. Gen Z takes the cake as the largest user base, but the platform may be more diverse in age than you think. 23% of 50 to 64-year-olds are on Instagram so you can reach a variety of age groups here.
2. Grow Your Audience
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? The same principle applies to your business profiles – you can be putting out excellent content, but if there is no one there to see it, what’s the use? While it’s more challenging and slower to grow, an organic audience is genuinely engaged and loyal to your brand.
So, this begs the question – how do you build an organic audience? There are a few strategies we suggest:
- Post Consistency – Posting regularly keeps your business at the forefront of their mind, sets a professional tone, shows you are active and engaged, and sets expectations for customers.
- Thought Leadership – Can you contribute to the industry or sector your organization is a part of? Driving the conversation not only builds authority with existing and potential followers but keeps them coming back for insightful content.
- Contests & Promotions – Would you rather buy something at full price or at a discount? Sharing exclusive deals on social media incentivizes your following to keep up with your page and share that content with friends and family. If you run a contest, require that they like, tag, and share the post to get your content in front of as many people as possible
- Engage, Engage, Engage! – When people come to social media they are looking to be part of a community and connect with people that have a common interest. Don’t let your followers be strangers by regularly engaging with them. This means like, comment, reshare, tag, and interact with your following any way you can. This not only shows your page is active but helps build a strong connection between your brand and your followers
3. Have Engaging Messaging
At the end of the day, content is king. What would social media be without the content, just blank boxes on a page? To make your social media strategy successful, always remember to post with a plan and a purpose. Avoid posting content just to post content at all costs.
There are several ways to step up your content game, including:
- Sharing a unique perspective
- Asking questions
- Starting a trend or participating in one
- Using high-quality images or videos
- Ensure brand consistency by planning your social posts out weeks at a time
- Finding a balance between promotional and non-promotional content
Social Media Management in Virginia: Unleash Your Digital Presence!
While the tips above sound simple enough, implementing a social media strategy that’s effective takes time, and there’s a reason it’s a full-time job! At KME.digital, our social media management team is experienced in helping clients throughout Virginia develop and grow their digital presence. Our in-house experts in tailoring the digital presence of businesses in a variety of industries to ensure they are being seen by their target audience.
Let’s connect! Contact our social media team at (703) 585-3321 today to see how we can help grow your brand.